Browse By

CNN T-shirts: Why would anyone want these?

cnn-shirt

I read CNN all the time, I go straight to “Crime” and read about all the serial killings and kidnappings around this grand country of ours. Is that weird? It might be part of the reason that I’m afraid of everything, but I’m not going to stop doing it.
I guess to capitalize on the whole ironic t-shirt thing, CNN now offers the option to buy a t-shirt with a headline printed on it. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would ever want one of these! One of the reasons they list to wear one is to “look informed.” Seriously?
Some prime examples:
“Mom tries stripping to make ends meet”
“Soldier dad surprises son in math class”
“Tourist blasts off for Space Station”
“Obama beats McCain”

This reaches a whole new level of “wow, I don’t care at all.” Even from me, someone who cries at every video of a soldier surprising their kid in elementary school (I dare you not to get misty).

What do you think, would you ever wear one?

8 thoughts on “CNN T-shirts: Why would anyone want these?”

1. Juan Carlos Pineiro Escoriaza says:

It’s really a pretty good idea… Historical t-shirts aren’t a terrible idea. I wonder if you made it so you could only buy them for a certain amount of time… or if they were dated or something

2. Juan Carlos Pineiro Escoriaza says:

3. Hawkes Klein says:

Historical T-shirts?!?!? What are talking about? Did you have a martini with lunch?
    The INTERNET will last forever, you don’t need a headline on a t-shirt to find an old article! When the earth gets too close to the sun or Jesus comes down and makes us all stand in lines the internet will still be here reverberating through space for all eternity (this might not be true, I’m not 100% sure how the internet works, maybe I’m thinking of the radio?) Either way, the internet will last till the end of time and then when it becomes the end of time it won’t really matter anyway.

4. Hawkes Klein says:

5. Xylorph Maximus says:

I remember when these came out, and one of my new media friends was hitting himself- “Why didn’t my company think of these?!”

Though I’d probably never throw down money for this, the “T-shirt” option on every article is a pretty hilarious notion.

I want a t-shirt option on every page of every website- hell, they should build it into the Firefox toolbar!

Here’s hoping you PopTen people get it going.

6. Xylorph Maximus says:

Here’s hoping you PopTen people get it going.

7. Morgan Holzer says:

When they first came out you could hack the site to make your own headline. There was some funny stuff out there.

8. Morgan Holzer says: